Our Journey to Gracie

We give thanks to our Lord for such a blessing as this. We are again feeling so blessed to be chosen to be the parents to another wonderful angel from China. Gracie is our third gift from China. We brought Hannah home in 2004 and Caleb home in 2005. It is beyond our wildest dreams to again be taking that journey to China to add another blessing to our family.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sept 19,2007

Nearly 2 months
It is nearly 2 months now that we are home and so much has happened. Gracie is a pure joy. She is the happiest, silliest little girl. She laughs and plays and just makes us so happy. She is picking up English so well. It is amazing. She sings her ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider and counts to 5 as well as many phrases. She sometimes mixes her English and Chinese-Chinglish. She keeps me quite busy but that's ok. She loves her brothers and sisters and has them all wrapped around her little finger. Her favorite seems to be Ge Ge Jordan.
Health wise she is healthy, though the Doctors have decided that she may have had Spina Bifida. She has what appears to be a small incision at the base of her spine. The orphanage denies her having any surgery while in their care. She is getting physical therapy and will soon be fitted for braces for her legs. They will decide more after 3 months of therapy. She will need further surgery on her hands down the road as well. Other than that all is good.
She will start preschool in another week. I'm not sure if she is really ready but we will see. I am back to working part time and she has been home with either Daddy or big sister Danielle.
She is a real mama's girl and wants me most of the time that I am home. But she really loves her Baba and lights up when he comes in. Baba will be starting a new job that will take him out of town and I know that will be hard to get used to but we will have to get through that. We know that the Lord has great plans for our bunch and we can't wait to see what is next. He has been so faithful to us. We are so blessed to have each other and to know our Lord. We can get through anything as long as we take the Lord along with us. I feel the Lord leading me somewhere but I'm not sure where. A new job, mission work, or somewhere else, I'm not sure. I know he will reveal it to me soon. For now I will continue where I am, content with my job and family the way it is. If he leads me somewhere else I will go.

No comments: