Our Journey to Gracie

We give thanks to our Lord for such a blessing as this. We are again feeling so blessed to be chosen to be the parents to another wonderful angel from China. Gracie is our third gift from China. We brought Hannah home in 2004 and Caleb home in 2005. It is beyond our wildest dreams to again be taking that journey to China to add another blessing to our family.

Monday, July 16, 2007






July 16,2007-Gotcha Day!

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad".


Words cannot describe the moment I saw that little angel walk into the room. We arrived at the civil affairs office and there were 3 other families receiving their children. Gracie was not there yet. We sat down and Susan had me start doing paperwork. I told Tim to have the camera ready. Suddenly Tim says "Jackie look". I looked up and there was the tiniest little angel standing in front of us next to another sweet little china girl and 3 women. I couldn't believe it was her but I knew it was. That face was unmistakable but she was so tiny. Her arms and legs are the skinniest I have ever seen. She was so short. She looked more like a 2 year old. The nanny started telling her that I was her mamma and Tim was her Babba. They got out the photo album and showed her our pictures and pointed to us. Then they said to come take her. I walked over and picked her up and she didn't even cry. I kissed her and hugged her. It felt so good. They told her to say mamma and she did. She said mamma very soft and sweet. Hannah came over and we told her this was her jie jie and she said jie jie. Hannah began giving her her toys and fruit snacks. She loved these. She was so sweet and at peace with us. The other little girl with her was her roommate who was also being adopted. Her family was coming later in the day. We took pictures of her also. We will try to get in touch with this family and let the girls stay in contact with each other. I was amazed at how well it all went. Not one tear. We left with her and she went happily. Her babba had her laughing and smiling before we left. He just has to make a silly face and she cracks up laughing. She willingly goes to any of us. She will hug and cuddle with us too. We went shopping when we left there because nothing I brought will fit this tiny little thing. Her feet are extremely little, about a size 4-5. We are definately concerned about her pencil legs and arms-almost looks like rickets. The nanny said her legs are very weak and not to let her run or jump. They look like they could break with any pressure at all. Please all pray that there is not something seriously wrong with her. She has good momvement of both hands so that is good. She also has a rash all over her body. I pray it isn't scabies. We are in heaven. It is about 10:19 pm and Hannah and Grace have been sleeping since around 4:30. Oh and we call her Hong Hong right now because she doesn't respond to Grace. We will gradually work that in. Hannah now wants to be called Song Song. We ate dinner here in the restaurant and Grace is a pro with chop sticks. I know you want to see pictures so I will post them now. Thank you all for all your prayers, She was so ready for us. I know that was due to God preparing her heart as we have been praying.










1 comment:

Toni Besecker said...

Jackie,
She is such a doll! I can't believe how tiny she is next to Hannah or should I say Song Song. I am so happy that she came to you willingly and without tears. That is great! I'll keep checking the site for updates and I will keep all of you in my prayers.
Love to all,
Toni Besecker